RE: Dissent re: e-community talk

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at udel.edu)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:06:47 -0800

Hello everybody--

Francoise, your analysis and example make me think that distinction between
face-to-face and electronic communication is not very helpful. I must admit
that I seem to "know" (whatever it means) some people from xmca whom I have
not seen face-to-face much better than some of my colleagues whom I see/saw
face-to-face almost every day.

I think a channel of communication is like a skeleton -- it both supports us
and limits in movements. What do you think?

Eugene