Re: Internet and education

nate (schmolze who-is-at students.wisc.edu)
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 18:28:02 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Louise Yarnall <lyarnall who-is-at ucla.edu>
To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wednesday, January 07, 1998 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: Internet and education

> I suspect that online cross-cultural multimedia collaboration is just one
>(high-priced) way to encourage this sort of thoughtfulness about
>representational forms. I'm sure there are many low-tech ways to pull it
>off too, but I think it took the arrival of the technology to raise the
>right questions.

In my classroom we had a collaboration with the American School of
Guatemala. It began as an email classroom to classroom exchange. It was an
online extension of the newletter the students help create for parents. The
online newsletter was only a month long project. The students in my class
drew pictures to go with their articles and then we put both email
newsletters online via a webpage. The webpage was simple, but it gave
students in both classes an opportunity to use the internet and learn about
each others countries.

Nate
http://www.geocities.com/~nschmolze/
http://www.geocities.com.~nschmolze/cfv.html NEWSLETTER