Re: scaffolding

Adam Winsler (awinsler who-is-at gmu.edu)
Sat, 03 Jan 1998 14:45:29 -0400

Hi Felice and Kate,

-----
Felice Francesco Carugati wrote:

> dear julia, could you send the complete reference of berk & winsler's
> article? thank you very much, Felice Carugati

-----

The full reference for the Berk & Winsler book is:

Berk, L. E., & Winsler, A. (1995). _Scaffolding children's learning:
Vygotsky and early childhood education_. Washington, DC: National
Association for the Education of Young Children.

The monograph is available at NAEYC for $8 [1 (800) 424-2460] (PS. I
don't receive any money for this) There are many references in the book
itself that may help as well. Another article I thought of off hand that
might be helpful for this purpose is:

Brown, J. S., Collins, A., & Duguid, P. (1989). Situated cognition and
the culture of learning. _Educational Researcher, 18 _, 32?42.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Adam Winsler
Applied Developmental Psychology
Department of Psychology - 3F5