Congress

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o_Batista_Martins?= (jbmartin who-is-at sercomtel.com.br)
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:52:57 -0200

I received this message.

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 21:02:24 -0500
To: cogsci who-is-at umich.edu
From: Colleen Seifert <seifert who-is-at umich.edu>
Subject: PLEASE POST - COG SCI '98 CALL FOR PAPERS
CogSci98 -- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Twentieth Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society
August 1 - 4, 1998; University of Wisconsin-Madison
http://psych.wisc.edu/CogSci98/conf.html
We are pleased to announce CogSci98, the Twentieth Annual Meeting of
the Cognitive Science Society, to be held in Madison, Wisconsin, August
1-4, 1998. Because the field of cognitive science exists to promote
cross-disciplinary integration of concepts, methods, epistemologies, and
data, and the empirical and theoretical base of cognitive science can
shed light on the nature of such an interdisciplinary enterprise, CogSci9=
8
will focus on Interdisciplinarity.
This focus will be manifested in the following four ways: First, one
plenary session will be dedicated to the topic of interdisciplinarity.
Second, several invited tutorial symposia designed to provide breadth
of interest will be offered. Third, presentations from the Cognitive
Science Society membership that address interdisciplinarity as an object
of empirical and theoretical research are hereby encouraged for one
strand of the conference program. And fourth, all submissions for
spoken presentations (i.e., symposia and spoken papers) will be
evaluated for their ability to transcend their disciplinary boundaries an=
truly address the breadth of the community of cognitive scientists, in
addition to being evaluated for their technical and theoretical merit (se=
review criteria below); thus, more general papers and symposia will
have a higher priority for scheduling on the spoken program, and more
specialized topics will be assigned to poster sessions. This call solicit=
submissions for four forms of presentation:
STANDARD SPOKEN PAPERS: 20-minute spoken presentations, which if
accepted will be published as 6-page papers in the Proceedings;
STANDARD POSTERS: standard poster presentations, which if accepted
will be published as 6-page papers in the Proceedings;
ABSTRACT POSTERS: poster presentations, which are guaranteed to be
published in the Proceedings as one-page abstracts but can be
submitted only by members of the Cognitive Science Society. The
deadline for submitting proposals for abstract posters is one month later
than that for standard paper and poster presentations, so that persons
who would like to become members of the Society may do so prior to
submitting their abstract posters. Please see
http://www.umich.edu/cogsci/ for information about membership in the
Cognitive Science Society, or contact the Executive Officer of the
Cognitive Science Society, Inc., Colleen Seifert of the University of
Michigan at (313) 764-4253; fax (313) 763-7480 (Attn: Prof. Seifert);
email cogsci who-is-at umich.edu.
SYMPOSIA: 90-minute spoken presentations, including three or more
well-integrated talks on a common topic and possibly a discussant,
which if accepted will be published as one-page abstracts in the
Proceedings.
Submissions for standard spoken papers, standard posters, and
symposia will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
Technical/Theoretical Merit; Relevance to a Broad Audience of Cognitive
Science Researchers; Clarity of Presentation; Significance; and
Originality.
ALL submissions for standard spoken papers, standard posters,
abstract posters, and symposia require three pieces of information to be
submitted, two by postal mail and one by electronic mail. The three
components are (1) one hard-copy of a COVER PAGE (described
below); (2) one electronic mail message containing the information
presented on the COVER PAGE; and (3) five hard-copies of
CAMERA-READY PROCEEDINGS CONTRIBUTION
(described at http://psych.wisc.edu/CogSci98/conf.html).
(1) POSTAL MAIL ONE HARD-COPY OF COVER PAGE PROVIDING
THE SEVEN ITEMS (a - g) LISTED BELOW: Provide the following
information on a cover page, and mail the hard-copy of the cover page
with the five copies of the camera-ready Proceedings contribution.
(a) Author Information: Name, affiliation, full mailing address, email
address, telephone number, and fax number of all authors.
(b) Presenter/Organizer's Name: Name of person who will be making the
presentation, or in the case of a symposium, the name of the organizer.
(c) Title: The title of the presentation.
(d) Presentation Format Preference: Indicate whether the first
preference is presentation as a standard spoken paper, standard poster,
abstract poster, or symposium. If first preference is standard spoken
paper, you must also indicate whether you are willing to make a standard
poster presentation or an abstract poster presentation if your submission
cannot be accepted for a standard spoken paper.
(e) Keywords: A list of FIVE keywords (to be used for indexing as well
as assignment of reviewers)
(f) Marr Prize Eligibility: Indicate whether the proposal should be
considered for a David Marr Memorial Prize. Papers with a student
first-author are eligible.
(g) 150-word Summary
(2) EMAIL THE INFORMATION PROVIDED FOR THE COVER PAGE
(items (a) through (g) described above), in the body of an email
message, to CS98PROG who-is-at MACC.WISC.EDU. Use the presenter's last
name as the subject heading of the email.
(3) POSTAL MAIL FIVE HARD-COPIES OF THE CAMERA-READY
PROCEEDINGS CONTRIBUTION: Strictly follow the instructions provided
at http://psych.wisc.edu/CogSci98/conf.html, which are also being
postal mailed to society members. For standard spoken papers and
standard posters, the entire contribution (including figures, references,
everything) can be no longer than six pages. For abstract posters and
symposia, the entire contribution can be no longer than one page.
POSTAL MAIL ADDRESS: CogSci98
c/o Dr. Morton Ann Gernsbacher
1202 W. Johnson Street
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI 53706-1611
USA
Deadline for RECEIPT of all submission materials is February 6, 1998
(for standard paper, standard poster, and symposium submissions) and
March 6, 1998 (for abstract posters). Authors whose submissions are
accepted on the program and will appear in the Proceedings will be
notified in time to return final versions of their camera-ready Proceedin=
gs
contributions by late April.
PROPOSALS THAT DO NOT CONTAIN ALL OF THE ABOVE
INFORMATION OR DO NOT FIT ALL THE SPECIFICATIONS DESCRIBED IN
THE INSTRUCTIONS (available at
http://psych.wisc.edu/CogSci98/conf.html) WILL BE RETURNED WITHOUT
REVIEW.
For information about conference registration and housing, contact
CS98REG who-is-at MACC.WISC.EDU after December 1, 1997. Please DO NOT
direct queries about conference registration, housing, parking on
campus, or lodging to any other email address.

* IAPSY-L-REQUEST who-is-at CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU *
Jo=E3o Batista Martins
Rua Anisio Figueiredo, 476
CEP: 86065-800 - Londrina - Paran=E1 - Brasil
Tel: 043 3385208
E-mail: jbmartin who-is-at sercomtel.com.br