Re: the biographies of quals and quants

Bill Barowy (wbarowy who-is-at lesley.edu)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:57:27 -0500

At 12:04 PM -0500 11/19/97, Jay Lemke wrote:
>the kinds of quantitative data analysis they do. Theoreticians are quite
>different, I think, being more likely to see their work as generating
>possibilities rather than truths

Yes, well since the dirty laundry has been hung out -- among physicists,
experimentalists have always thought Theoreticians were a bit stuffy about
their status!
Just kidding Jay... I think.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Technology in Education
Lesley College, 29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]