Re: transcribing convetions

Carol Berkenkotter (cberken who-is-at mtu.edu)
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 17:00:21 -0400

Brian,
Like Joan, I've had good luck with _Talking Data_ . Also a reference I
most often see for transcribing simultaneous speech is :
Sacks, H., Schegloff, E.A., and Jefferson, G. (1974). 'A
simplest systematics for the organization of turn-taking in conversation.'
_Language__ 50_ (4), 696-735.

Carol