Re: Larry Davies <lbd who-is-at gol.com>

Valued Customer (sense who-is-at swbell.net)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 11:22:51 -0600

Larry Davies wrote:

> Hello, my name is Larry Davies. I am an American living in Japan. I've been
> using the internet for research and language teaching for the past three
> years, working toward become a "virtual" teacher, that is, one who teaches
> entirely through the medium of the internet. My main concerns lately have
> been figuring out how to apply Vygotsky's ZPD to students I can neither see
> nor hear, and to figure out if it is at all possible to foster a sense of
> community among people who have no physical contact with each other.

I can't speak for others, but I certainly feel like a member of a
community through this discussion group. I think the xmca group is a
very good example of community afilliation between individuals who have
had "no physical contact with each other. -Allison Boroda

I'm