Re: re-designs & anarchy

diane celia hodges (dchodges who-is-at interchg.ubc.ca)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:46:36 -0800

At 2:02 PM 10/29/97, Eva Ekeblad wrote:
>At 18.32 -0800 97-10-28, diane celia hodges wrote:
>>for "real" change to happen, you have to tear down the
>>existing structures in order to re-build
>
>Who would?
>
>...you - me- us...

Us.

>And what to do with THEM, the *owners* of the existing structures?

1) no site of education or learning or care or social service
ought to be owned privately. So, first,
we abolish the rights to privately own public property.

>And what about embodied structures (not architectural) memories we live by
>because they are in our individual flesh and/or in the body of our
>community?

Just as these are "written on the body", so we also re-write our bodies
through transgressions. Nothing, after all, is ever written in stone. Those
are just scars. Healed wounds. Maybe so long as we maintain the structures
that have

scripted themselves into our bodies, we prevent the healing, and instead,
keep scratching the wound?

>Eva

"Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right."
Ani Difranco
diane celia hodges
faculty of education
university of british columbia
vancouver, bc canada
tel: (604)-253-4807
email: dchodges who-is-at interchange.ubc.ca