Re: re Sarason

sveggetti who-is-at axrma.uniroma1.it
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:39:53 +0100

At 12.29 27/10/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Serena
>
>I think that the information you bring is very interesting to people on
>this list. Mike may have seen it already, as you sent material to him. But
>as for the rest of us, it will be news to most, I think. Also "the voice
>from Italy" has not been heard for a long time until you came online with
>us, Serena. I think Felice Carugati is still subscribed. But probably very
>busy, as everybody is these days. It is really a luxury in terms of time
>for most of us to be able to correspond with colleagues in this way.
>
>For my own part I must confess that my image of Italy-in-education is...
>well Montessori, but that was long ago and has been internationalized long
>since. And Reggio Emilia. The places you mention sound a bit like they are
>taking up similar initiatives as R.E. Is that so, or is it a misconception?
>
>Eva

Dear Eva
as first let me thank you for your kind expressions toward Italy and
myself. It was nice for me to have a kind feedback to my mail about the
children's needs and the research of my colleagues in Pesaro and Fano.The
region these small towns represent is close to the Emilia Romagna (where
R.E is). Moreover the coordinator, F.Tonucci comes ( in the sense he is
native) from Pesaro though he lives and works in Rome. The experience I
referred to started 4-5 years ago moving from the awareness that only when
a town re-defines its squares, gardens, streets, buildings a. s. on.
according to the child's needs you may be sure, as F. Tonucci and his group
wrote, that it encounters at the same time the needs of the working
mothers, of the old weamen, of disabled and handicapped people. So a large
group of architects, designers, psychologists, pedagogists
and...politicians,some of whom from Reggio Emilia, started organizing
meetings and callings to the project. So I don't think it is a
misconception to think that it is a Reggio Emilia -like iniziative. They
are representative of similar trends crossing different regions and
different disciplines .I hope I was able of explain my thoughts. Warmest
greetings from Serena>