Re: Julia Mame Matuga <jmatuga who-is-at indiana.edu>

vera p john-steiner (vygotsky who-is-at unm.edu)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:22:00 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Julia,
I am obviously far behind in my messages. But as I was going over
the saved messages folder I realized that we have a lot of common
interests. I wonder whether you are familiar with the Berk and Diaz book
on private speech and with my book on creativity (Notevooks of the Mind)>
In the latter I present the notion of private speech-writing.
It would be fun to exchange ideas,
Vera John Steiner

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Julia Mame Matuga wrote:

> My name is Julia Matuga and I am a graduate student
> at Indiana University's School of Education. I hope to
> obtain my PhD in Educational Psychology with a concentration
> on Arts Education in 1999. I am interested in the history of
> private speech research, socio-cultural/activity theory, the
> development of artistic abilities, and creative behavior.
>
> Julia M. Matuga
> Dept. of Counseling and Educational Psychology
> School of Education, 4021B
> Indiana University, Bloomington
>

> "The theoretician's prayer: 'Dear Lord, forgive me the sin
> of arrogance, and Lord, by arrogance I mean the following...."
>
> --Leon Lederman

Vera P. John-Steiner
Department of Linguistics
Humanities Bldg. 526