Re: "Stephen Eric Van Hoose" <vanhos who-is-at rpi.edu>

Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:00:37 -0600

Stephen writes:
> How does American society view or address the culture of learning?
>How have it's ideas been translated into the built environment,
>for education, from the early childhood level to the post
>secondary education level? Where is the push now for American
>education? To
> what road is it traveling down?

Have you read Jerome Bruner's _The Culture of Education_? He talks
about folk psychology and offers 4 models of current cultural views of
learning/education. As far as the road we are headed down, I don't
think there is a clear, single path. (maybe there never was) The
situation is far from equilibrium, possibly approaching a bifurcation
point. (borrowing metaphors from chaos theory)

Kathie

\\\\\\\\\\\\\You live you learn
\\\\\\\\\\\You love you learn
\\\\\\\\\You cry you learn
\\\\\\\You lose you learn
\\\\\You bleed you learn
\\\You scream you learn////////alanis morissette:jagged little pill

Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu
http://ouray.cudenver.edu/~kegoff/index.html