Re: Kerry Elliott <Kerry.Elliott who-is-at jcu.edu.au>

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:34:29 -0400

Hi Kerry--

Thanks for the useful info!

At 11:10 AM 10/15/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Andrew & Ania's Lian work in the field of applied linguistics covers such
>areas as computer assisted language learning and autonomous learners.

I wonder what people mean when they say "automoous learners"? Is it like
learners who do everything by themselves without asking for help or those
who take their learning seriously and ask for help when they need it and
help others?

>Their work is practical and accessible and soundly based in their
>intellectual frameworks. The bottom line for them is the concept of
>difference and catering for that difference. Anne Freedman is a
>semiotician who has published some very interesting articles on genre and
>the teaching of genre.
>My own work centres on the use of drama as a learning medium which will
>assist learners to understand what matters and how to achieve their goals.
>I hope these explanations and descriptions will entice you to read some of
>the publications of these up-to-date and practical researchers.

I wonder if you focus on how kids dramatize their lives or how they
understand literature drama? Why is drama your focus? Using Eva's words,
what is your personal story behind your research interest?

Eugene

Eugene Matusov
Willard Hall Educational Bldg., Room 206G
Department of Educational Studies
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716-2920

Phone: (302) 831-1266