Re: ZPD, resistance and conflict (re: Giga)

stephanie spina (sspina who-is-at email.gc.cuny.edu)
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 20:01:44 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with this also, and find the existential conflict particularly
relevant to work with the arts in this regard, but also far more difficult
to address than more (searching for the right word here -- concrete?
visible?) conflict.
If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate hearing about how you
have dealt with it.
Stephanie

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Judy Diamondstone wrote:

> Ana suggests that the conflictual frames at stake in
> Giga's learning about who picks noses and her own learning
> about Giga's knowings are not reducible to one notion of
> conflict. I agree.
>
> Judith
>

> >Conflicts:
> >Giga's cognitive conflicts about his assumptions
> >Conflict between play frame and discussion frame
> >Power conflict between Giga and his mother
> >Conflict within the play frame between assumed rules (boys pick their
> >noses) and proposed rules (a girl may pick her nose).

snip

Stephanie Urso Spina
City University of New York
sspina who-is-at email.gc.cuny.edu