Re: resistance of the one-caring

Kevin M. Leander (k-leand who-is-at students.uiuc.edu)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:22:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, David R. Russell wrote:

> I keep wondering if and how a ZPD is a different (more focused) unit of
> analysis than an activity system (in or more sense the term is used in
> CHAT)? If all activity systems (with their participants) are changing, as
> Engestrom says, how and why might one draw a line between ZPD and Activity
> System? (Culture?)
>
> David

This is an interesting question. At some level, do we separate the zoped
from an activity system based upon a stronger attribution of
intentionality to the zoped than to the distributed intentions of an
activity system? (The intentions of the agents within the
zoped/system, and even our research intentions in considering it a
context for learning.)