Re: Vygotsky, conflict, dialectic, growth

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias who-is-at ibm.net)
Wed, 08 Oct 1997 08:31:46 -0200

Mrs. Spina,

I read your comments about Vygotsky's ZPD and I apreciate it
specialy because you show a "reading road" (?) that does not
reduce it to a technical tool of mesurement of development.

I understand it, at least util now, as a social zone of potential
development that is present in every interaction between people. In
school education, as a "space" in which teachers and professsors can be
"helped" by students-childreen to grow in cultural development too.

My english is pretty bad and I feel a lot of limitations on
comming out my thoughts. I hope you can understand me.