Re: computers in classroom (fwd)

Cindy Selfe (cyselfe who-is-at mtu.edu)
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

D--

Cindy Selfe, here, responding to your query about COMPUTERS AND
COMPOSITION, forwarded to me by my good colleague Carol Berkenkotter.

Although COMPUTERS AND COMPOSITION covers college-level teaching primarily,
we do have occasional articles that address secondary or elementary
teaching specifically and a number of articles that are more generally
applicable to such teaching.

Hope this helps.

Cindy

>Cindy, I sent a post yesterday to a list I'm on, mentioning _C and C_ as a
>good source for material on the influence of computer technology on
>classroom culture. Mike Cole (of Scribner and Cole) at UCSD has done a lit
>review on this subject through the 80's but wanted to know about what's
>been done since the mid-eighties. I got the following response from D.
>Hendler at your alma mater and wrote her saying I'd pass it on to you, so
>here it is. Can you answer her question?

>>Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:00:28 -0500
>>To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
>>From: D S Hendler <bison who-is-at mail.utexas.edu>
>>Subject: Re: classroom tech
>>
>>At 10:13 PM 8/24/97 -0400, Carol Berkenkotter wrote:
>>
>>> A number of articles appearing over the last seven years in the journal
>>>_Computers & Composition_, eds. Cynthia Selfe and Gail Hawisher, published
>>>by Ablex, present research on the ways that computer technology/ and
>>>computer-mediated communication are affecting writing classrooms within
>>>university culture.
>>
>>is k-12 classroom computer usage addressed here as well??

>>D S Hendler
>>Graduate English Department
>>University of Texas at Austin
>>Austin, TX 78712-1122