Re: intelligence and culture

Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu)
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:01:43 -0600

xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu,External writes:
> Thank you for that distilation of bruner's four models. I am
>not sure how different three and four are. Unless by "knowledge" one
>is referring to "inside the head stuff" in a Cartesian paradigm.

I struggled with that problem, too. Bruner obviously believes that the
fourth model is the best. I think he is trying to address the "slippery
slope" of relativism by introducing the cultural and historical
constraints on human behavior.

Kathie

\\\\\\\\\\\\\You live you learn
\\\\\\\\\\\You love you learn
\\\\\\\\\You cry you learn
\\\\\\\You lose you learn
\\\\\You bleed you learn
\\\You scream you learn////////alanis morissette:jagged little pill

Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu
http://ouray.cudenver.edu/~kegoff/index.html