Re: CP-related reading

Ania Lian (Ania.Lian who-is-at jcu.edu.au)
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:06:26 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Mike Cole wrote:

> First, I have just re-read Michael Carrither's excellent paper in Man,
> Volume 25, p. 189-206 (I am not sure of year). Its title is "Why humans
> have cultures" and he summarizes the case for sociality as the "lead
> edge" of culture development brilliantly.

This is exactly the reason why dogs,toads and other creatures little or
big have their own cultures. I have not read the paper but this conclusion
is pretty straightforward in the world of anthropology. My only point
in this mail is to remind that we are not so different in that "culture'
business:-)
ania lian