Re: Tenure at U Minnesota (fwd)

Judith J. Lambrecht (jlambrec who-is-at maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 21:42:08 +0700

This was a delight to read--a refreshing contrast to the tedium of documents
from the UM Regents and analyses thereof! There is now a "cease and desist"
order in effect after collection of the requisite number of union
authorization cards. Time will tell if this will hold. We now have the
question of whether the proposed conversion from the quarter to semester
schedule would be a change in work requirements--and will faculty do it when
a complete overhaul of the curriculum is due by the end of 1996. A great
way to start the year!

Yes, the Regents of the University of Minnesota can be reached. They have a
home page--picture and all--complete with their preferred mailing addresses.
This is the URL: http://www.regents.umn.edu/

At 03:40 PM 9/14/96 EDT, you wrote:
>"A proper attitude of industry ..." has the quaint ring of the
>19th century, doesn't it? As a creature of the state government,
>however, U of Minn is constitutionally bound in its regulations
>affecting citizens to avoid such 'vague' statutory criteria for
>depriving people of their livelihoods. It seems quite unlikely
>any such provision would survive in the courts under challenge.
>
>So, should I/we write the Minnesota Trustees? (Anyone like to find
>out who they are, individually?) And what should be said? JAY.
>

>JAY LEMKE.
>City University of New York.
>BITNET: JLLBC who-is-at CUNYVM
>INTERNET: JLLBC who-is-at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

Judith J. Lambrecht
Professor
Business Education and
Instructional Systems and Technology