Re: Does anyone know...?

Ana M. Shane (pshane who-is-at andromeda.rutgers.edu)
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 00:57:04 -0400

Dear Boris,
THANK you so much. This answers many questions. Thank you for the
references, too.

Ana

At 10:20 AM 8/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Ana, according to Gita (see: "Rememberin Father" special edition of
>Educational Psychologist, Vol. 30, #2, Spring 1995, pp. 57-59) ..."The
>coversation (between Vygotsky and Levin - BG) was in German" p. 57. In her
>opening address in Dundee (June of 1995, Vygotsky's Theme Day during the 16
>ISPA Colloquium), Gita listed the German language among languages L.S. had
>mastered in his childhood. In her another memoir (see: "His life" special
>edition of School Psychology International, Vol. 16, #2, pp. 105-116) she
>wrote about the German language spoken by his parents and German literature
>(poetry) appreciated by the family. IN personal communication on several
>occasions she mentioned German as the "second language" for L.S. I think
>that takes care of Gita's testimonies. There are numerous other evidences in
>literature (I do not have them at hand, sorry) that V. was able to speak and
>read German. Boris Ginds.

Dr. Ana Marjanovic-Shane

151 W. Tulpehocken St. Office of Mental Health and
Philadelphia, PA 19144 Mental Retardation
(215) 843-2909 [voice] 1101 Market St. 7th Floor
(215) 843-2288 [fax] Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 685-4767 [v]
(215) 685-5581 [fax]

pshane who-is-at andromeda.rutgers.edu
anchi who-is-at geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com./Athens/2253/index.html
-----
The 7th International Kurt Lewin Conference on the Web
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2253/confprg.html
-----