new member

Carnegie Corporation (xfamily who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:30:10 -0700 (PDT)

>From sokolovs who-is-at uconnvm.uconn.edu Fri Jul 26 15:15:23 1996
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 15:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: Carnegie Corporation <xfamily who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu>
>From: sokolovs who-is-at uconnvm.uconn.edu (Matvey Sokolovsky)
Subject: self description

HI:

My name is Matvey Sokolovsky.

I am a doctoral student in the School of Family Studies at the University of
Connecticut. I pursue a degree in Family and Marriage Therapy.

I came to the US from Moscow, where I graduated from the Department of
Psychology of Moscow State University, and this determined my interest in
Vygotsky theory. And of course, writing about Vygotsky theory, practically
unknown in our department, was the easiest way to submit final papers on time.

My interests are around application of Vygotsky theory to adult development.
Specifically, I try to interpret social life as a social situation of
development. I focus on socially distributed systems of meanings, and social
processes that create meanings. Intersection of systems theory with
sociocultural theory is a geographical description of my interests.

As a highly fashion-following person (joke) I'm also interested in
epistemological and ontological issues (not a joke) of modern science.
However, I'm not positive whether ontological issues are a joke, and my
interest is not; or my interest is a joke, and ontological issues are not.

With a hope to meet many of you

Matvey Sokolovsky.
Matvey Sokolovsky