Re: CHAT & Vygotsky?

barbara peterman (epsy11a who-is-at bayou.uh.edu)
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 13:48:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 Betty.Zan who-is-at uni.edu wrote:

> Regarding Kathy's request for a translation of the acronym CHAT. As I have
> been catching up lately on over a month's worth of XMCA dialogue, I have
> noticed a plethora of acronyms, many of which I am unfamiliar with. I wonder,
> too, how the use of unfamiliar acronyms serves to distance those who may
> already feel somewhat distanced. Could we maybe try, as a rule, to spell out
> our acronyms the first time we use them in a post? Thanks.

Thanks, Betty. As one of the new followers of the list, I would still be
in the dark if Michael Glassman had not been around to tell me CHAT was
cultural-historical activity theory. (Did I get it right?) Good to "hear
your voice," by the way. Now that it is 98 degrees Fahreinheit outside my
window, hearing from Northern Iowa feels extra good.

Barbara Peterman
University of Houston
Educational Psychology