re-sub/bio

Carnegie Corporation (xfamily who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Thu, 30 May 1996 13:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
>From: bpenuel who-is-at MindSpring.COM (Bill Penuel)

Hello, all, just subscribing with my new Internet provider.

My name is Bill Penuel, and my primary research interests are sociocultural
approaches to adolescence and identity formation; learning in non-profit
organizations, including schools; and after-school programming. I
completed my doctorate at Clark University, working under Jim Wertsch, Jim
Gee, and Nancy Budwig there, and have been a part of this list for a little
over two years.

Currently (or as of this June), I am Director of Program Evaluation for
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, where I am responsible for managing
data on schools and with assisting with assessment of the school system's
strategic plan. I have also worked in the field of community public health,
where I've been active in issues related to youth-adult collaboration and
serving gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth.