Crazy stuff on Internet (fwd)

KEN GOODMAN (kgoodman who-is-at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU)
Fri, 10 May 1996 09:29:21 -0700 (MST)

For your information here's the kid of politics the far right is engaged
in. Molly Ivers callsthis "astroturf" masquerading as grass roots.
Ken Goodman

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 18:19:56 -0400
From: Sharon Murphy <smurphy who-is-at EDU.YorkU.CA>
To: KGOODMAN who-is-at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Crazy stuff on Internet

Ken,
I found this on the Internet tonight when I was checking something. I
thought maybe it should be circulated to folks down your way so that
they can write letters in support of whole language. I want to note
that this guy has this posted a couple of times so the timing on this
is quite short.

Sharon
Here's the note I found:

ATTN: ARIZONA RESIDENTS -----This is an opportunity to kill WHOLE
LANGUAGE in Arizona . If LISA GRAHAM recieves 1000 letters that support
PHONICS instead of WHOLE LANGUAGE in the next 2 weeks she will
incorporate PHONICS into the AZ state STANDARDS. Her address is: LISA
GRAHAM, THE STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION, 1535 W. Jefferson, Phoenix, AZ.
85007. If you do not write we WILL be stuck with WHOLE LANGUAGE in AZ.