Re: assessment, lang. arts

smagor who-is-at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Sun, 21 Apr 96 09:20:14 -0500

Judy, there's a relatively new journal called Assessing Writing, edited by
Brian Huot at Louisville and someone else. Steve Witte, Alan Purves, and
others have published pieces in it. I think it deals mostly with assessment
of college writing; Witte has criticized holistic scoring systems and other
acontextual approaches to evaluating writing.

Peter

At 12:43 AM 4/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there in xmca-land know of interesting, credible,
>well-researched-&-theorized articles on assessment in the
>language arts?
>
>Thanks very much for any leads you can offer.
>
>Judy
>

>Judy Diamondstone
>Graduate School of Education
>Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
>10 Seminary Place
>New Brunswick, NJ 08903
>
>diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu

Peter Smagorinsky
University of Oklahoma
College of Education
Department of Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
820 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019-0260
(405)325-3533
fax: (405)325-4061
smagor who-is-at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
psmagorinsky who-is-at uoknor.edu