Re: SC: taming voices, civility, "ideological push" (?) (fwd)

Angel M.Y. Lin (mylin who-is-at oise.on.ca)
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 11:23:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi fellow xmca-ers,
Here's an exchange between myself and a fellow OISE student. Gee, I
guess I've stepped into controversial territories... but that's what
makes us and "pushes" us to learn, to change... perhaps...
Cheers,
"pushes" us to learn, to change, to self-transform... perhaps?
Cheers,
Angel
----------
Angel M. Y. Lin
(recent OISE doctoral graduate)
E-Mail: enangel who-is-at cityu.edu.hk

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 11:05:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Angel M.Y. Lin <mylin who-is-at tortoise>
To: Mitsuyo Sakamoto <msakamoto who-is-at oise.on.ca>
Subject: Re: SC: taming voices, civility, "ideological push" (?)

Hi Mitsu,
Thanks very much for your thoughtful message! Yes, I agree that people
do not always see things eye to eye; then we would just have to accept
that we don't... we have different values/beliefs/world views... but
until we have tried to communicate... we'll never know... there's no
such thing as a non-passionate belief, worldview, or value, I suppose;
when we think we are calm and non-passionate, perhaps we're
not really
committed to anything; i think there are times when "passion" can lead us
to hurtful deeds, but not the kind of passion which is deeply rooted in a
basic respect for our fellow human beings... i guess ... what do you say?
Talk to you more at AERA... too many things to handle right now... :-) Angel