CDE

Mike Cole (mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 06:11:03 -0800 (PST)

>From BMetzuk who-is-at smtp.cde.ca.gov Thu Jan 18 15:03:35 1996
To: mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu (Mike Cole)
Subject: Re: contact
>From: BMetzuk who-is-at smtp.cde.ca.gov (Metzuk, Barbara)
Date: 18 Jan 96 15:03:09 PST

Hi Mike:

I just talked to Joan and she indicated you didn't get my E-Mail back
regarding a possible CDE computer book. I really don't want you to give
up on this concept. I have discussed it with my boss, Mike Silver, but ,
at the time, he thought we already had too many school-age care
products in process. However, you need to know that the CDE moves slowly
and we often mull over an idea for a while. I think Mike was also
concerned about agreeing to something we hadn't even seen. So I would
encourage you to invite Mike and I to see you UCLinks project in San
Diego. I would also encourage you to send a brief proposal to him about
what this guide would look like. That's typical of how we begin. I see
the strong potential of such a project but I think Mike(and Maria
Balakshin, the director) needs to see this, also. Good luck! Keep in
touch.

Barbara Metzuk (Tardif)