Re: Jocks and Burnouts... and cultural studies

Angel M.Y. Lin (mylin who-is-at oise.on.ca)
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 19:07:31 -0500 (EST)

Thanks very much Rosa!

Do you have Norma's e-mail address as well?

Yes, I like M.H. Goodwin's He-said-she-said very much, too. It's a ver
detailed account of children's reporting practices, and shows the artful
linguistic and sociocultural competence of minority children, contrary to
some deficit models about these children's competence.

Well... there seems to be a gap between micro-level work and structural,
reproduction accounts of disadvantaged children's school life...
back to the same old problem... :-{ ... Eugene's suggestion is helpful:
linking the different situations in the activity system... any works
there on this line?

Thanks and cheers,
Angel

P.S. I tried to send this mail directly to you Rosa, but it bounced back
two times! Has your e-mail address changed?