RE: Theses and dissertations

Angel M.Y. Lin (mylin who-is-at oise.on.ca)
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 00:16:23 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Eugene for the positive waves :-)
Actually I also have a very helpful thesis committee, and my interactions
with my committee members have always pushed me to expand my expertise and
perspectives, and to be more self-critical...

However, I also tend to think the thesis itself may be separate from the
research and my interactions with my mentors.. I don't know why it's so
stressful... well, I guess looking back at things will make the process
look more educative than painful... but when you're in the middle of
it... :-} (well, I guess part of the stress also comes from the time
pressure... e.g., when your scholarship is running out and you've got to
finish!)

Best,
Angel