Re: Kelleen's paper

Pete Farruggio (pfarr who-is-at uclink.berkeley.edu)
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 05:26:52 -0800

Angel,

Sounds like there's some convergence with Lily Wong Fillmore's findings
that the more gregarious personalities, who throw themselves into exchanges
with mainstream speakers and do a lot of "faking it" with the little L2
they have, are the fastest L2 learners.

In other words, personality plays a big role, and may even be more
important than actual language competence.

Pete Farruggio