Re: institutionalizing educational practices

vera p john-steiner (vygotsky who-is-at unm.edu)
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:13:41 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Marie,

I am answering 80 messages this morning before class (I had e-mail
trouble recently), so I cannot elaborate too much on what I have written.
I deal with some of this issues in Notebooks of the Mind
(Harper/Collins), but the gender issues are not adequately discussed. I
am hoping
that we could get a few papers together on gender and creativity for mca
one of these days. Are you interested, and/or an e-mail discussion group
dealing with gender issues?
Vera
On
Wed, 18 Oct 1995, Marie Nelson wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, vera p john-steiner wrote:
>
> I think systematic theory construction
> > requires passion and persistence, and a willingness to forego
> > quick recognition,these qualities deserve admiration.
> Vera, I think this is very true. You said 'there is so muchc more to say
> about this.' I wish you'd continue.
>
> In my own opinion, tenure pressures mitigate against this in powerful
> ways, perhaps even weeding out those for whom this is a goal.
>
> Marie Wilson Nelson
> National-Louis University

Vera P. John-Steiner
Department of Linguistics
Humanities Bldg. 526
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
(505) 277-6353 or 277-4324
Internet: vygotsky who-is-at triton.unm.edu