Re: mediated action--web address

Charles Bazerman (bazerman who-is-at humanitas.ucsb.edu)
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 12:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

The web address of "Bell's Path to the telephone is
http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/albell/introduction.html

Chuck

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 14:18:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Charles Bazerman <bazerman who-is-at humanitas.ucsb.edu>
To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: mediated action

Mike Gorman and Bernie Carlson, working from the notebooks of several
19th century inventors--Bell, Edison, and others--have good evidence to
believe that these folk thought in terms of gizmos, which although they
may be represented visually and sometimes verbally in the notebooks were
mental representations of concrete devices with which they had
worke--three dimensional, tactile, functional, dynamic, etc. these
gizmos were both the concrete material they worked with and created as
well as the content of their imaginations. They have a Web site where
they post some of the notebooks and their analysis, but I don't have the
address handy at the moment. I'll post it soon.

Chuck Bazerman