Web Site Bugs

2

Please post bugs you find on the web site here. Describe the steps you took to reach the bug.

 
Tags
[ - ]
Education



2

When you asked us to test out uploading a video, I entered a video url from vimeo and submitted it. My post appeared on the page, and then, when I tried to scroll down the browser took me to the vimeo page for the video. I pressed the back button, but from then on anytime I went back to my post the browser went to the vimeo page. Hope that description was sufficient. let me know if you need more info.
reply


2

> When you asked us to test out uploading a video, I entered a
> video url from vimeo and submitted it. My post appeared on
> the page, and then, when I tried to scroll down the browser
> took me to the vimeo page for the video. I pressed the back
> button, but from then on anytime I went back to my post the
> browser went to the vimeo page. Hope that description was
> sufficient. let me know if you need more info.

I bet it wasn't the right URL. I think I might try to simplify things and just ask people to submit the numerical ID for the video. I'm not sure what that will be like for YouTube... I'll double check the URL you posted, however...
reply


0

When I opened an attachment to a Symposium post, it opened in the same window, so closing the pdf also closed xlchc. Please set attachments to open in a new window.

Bugs! I hate bugs!! -- The Mummy, 1999

reply


0

> When I opened an attachment to a Symposium post, it opened in
> the same window, so closing the pdf also closed xlchc. Please
> set attachments to open in a new window.
>
> Bugs! I hate bugs!! -- The Mummy, 1999

I squashed that bug (not really a bug, but a feature request, but who's counting...) :D
reply


0

1) We tried adding a picture to a symposium response, but only the text made it through. [example: we will attach a test image to this response]

2) In the symposium Add panel in Dashboard, there is no way to upload media directly from the media browser.
reply


0

OK, so the picture did go through, but it wasn't immediately obvious where to find it.
reply


0

Worth checking the "Add file attachment" feature for a response, we couldn't find the attached image on one of our HDP 150 symposium responses.

> 1) We tried adding a picture to a symposium response, but only
> the text made it through. [example: we will attach a test
> image to this response]
>

> 2) In the symposium Add panel in Dashboard, there is no way to
> upload media directly from the media browser.
reply


0

I am trying to catch up here. My main quesion right now is how to link pdfs internally to my wiki and how that links to videos.
reply


0

Checking attachments ...
reply


1

Checking attachments ...
reply


0

Checking again on attachments
reply


0

How does one start a new symposium?
mike
reply


0

Does this end up at the top?
> Checking again on attachments
reply

Join our Community

Do you wish to discover how how this web site works? To get the most out of this web site and participate in its community exchange, it is best to create an account with us. If you are a member of XMCA, or if you have ever posted to XMCA, then your email address is already in our system. However, you will need to reset your password.

Email:
Password:
Create Account

Hot Conversations

» Web Site Bugs (Dec 15)
» Functional Organs (Jul 14)
» XLCHC at AERA? (Jul 10)
» Settings for Conversations (Jul 14)
» Vygotsky on Concepts (Jul 14)
» Hegel Symposium Feedback (Apr 23)

Ongoing Symposia

» Hegel’s Philosophy - as seen from CHAT (Feb 18)