[Xmca-l] Re: Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

I think it's more a case that the Kellogg Test#c fails the Activity Theory test, just as the Kellogg Test#a fails Marx's Capital.

The whole is greater than the part (if it is a genuine whole) not because there are some additional parts you forgot to add up but precisely because it is a whole despite being not made up of anything other than the parts.

I am reminded of A N Leontyev's "accusation" that taking /perezhivniya /a units of personality set up a logical circle: "... / perezhivanie/, as the specific form through which the whole personality manifests itself, now occupies the place that formerly belonged to the whole personality of the child,” that is, determining the child’s / perezhivanie/“... a logical vicious circle." Leontyev seems to think that teh only genuine form of science is reductionism.