[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] [DPJ] Call for 2017 manuscripts and projects
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] [DPJ] Call for 2017 manuscripts and projects
- From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 18:07:29 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=user-agent:date:subject:from:to:message-id:thread-topic :mime-version; bh=lmi53FkF1bpc8xPYQrbnJSJ6RBPEALTWFdbqbgMN+PQ=; b=NyEGygX6a1NQQGxEJeR4tpjhnymbdAn8X2kWwP9MYJ7AeLqLjQbf+/hPGKTe4tkWaq GuydjWmtNip2WqWDq5KmWliRPEL1oYCA53AwerwKHChLbsJtB31BU/gY85xRXfK9e91o KFjn8KTdexMRtL0tYz7dvOoap2THtqzczmA9W4IGo/sJZoxJ/jcspuaPE9w9VtI/lW/r x1GBFdFbN2beKKUpm2BHkP/nWLeKaN9Zi/nNvxl8AqLVaoV93uRfj9AjG73ofDolSHHg UbVkB7gvyTisTW1vj5/h4T2lMCgviCauOyC3XxYhz8A9lOAJ/CxowdL7E1Z+JPrAoRkQ cyAw==
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-topic: [DPJ] Call for 2017 manuscripts and projects
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/f.24.0.170620
Dialogic Pedagogy Journal (DPJ) is happy to announce a call for 2017 submission of manuscripts.
DPJ is an international, online, Open Access, free publication, peer-reviewed, academic journal. The targeted audience of the DPJ is educational researchers and innovative educators interested in broadly defined field and practice of Dialogic Pedagogy. Our journal is indexed in many national and international academic databases (e.g. ERIC, Google Scholar, Education Source, etc.).
I. Deciding if your work should be published by the Dialogic Pedagogy International Online Journal
The purpose of DPJ is to advance international scholarship and pedagogical practice in the area of dialogic pedagogy and education. The journal is multidisciplinary, international, multi-paradigmatic, and multicultural in scope, accepting manuscripts from all scholars and practitioners interested in the dialogic nature of education, teaching, and learning in various formal institutional and informal settings. We encourage research scholars and practitioners with an interest in dialogue and pedagogy to submit articles for editorial consideration. We loosely define 'dialogic pedagogy' as any scholarship and pedagogical practice, from educational researchers and practitioners, which values and gives priority to 'dialogue' in learning/teaching across a wide range of institutional and non-institutional learning settings". To make a decision about publishing with DPJ, please take your time to evaluate whether or not your manuscript is suitable for the DPJ and the community behind the journal based on the description of the journal’s Focus and Scope <http://dpj.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/dpj1/about/editorialPolicies#focusAndScope >. If you are not sure and have questions regarding the journal's aims and scope, we urge you to write to the Main Journal Editors with your questions.
II. Genres of publications
DPJ welcomes submissions of manuscripts and multimedia of diverse genres, formats, lengths, and styles. The main peer-reviewed genres of publications are the following:
The main peer-reviewed genres involve conceptual, empirical, and/or methodological papers (Including any combination of these foci).
a) Ethnographic and empirical research with conceptual analysis and "thick descriptions";
b) Description of and reflection on innovative dialogic educational practices;
c) “Special issue” – collection of thematically related papers;
d) Theoretical papers;
The main non-peer reviewed genres of publication are the following:
a) Video/audio recorded or transcripts of innovative dialogic educational practices with possibility of fragment-by-fragment analysis of records and their discussions;
b) Invited commentaries on published articles (both impressionistic and focused);
c) Critical book reviews (invited or volunteered);
d) Manuscript work in progress for critical, supportive, non-judgmental peer feedback;
e) Reports about relevant projects and conferences;
f) Announcements relevant to the field of Dialogic Pedagogy or DPJ;
g) Translations of work published in other than English languages;
III. Your next steps
If you plan to submit your manuscript(s) in 2017, please reply to this email and provide to us with the following information:
1) Tentative title of your paper;
2) Genre (as listed above or proposed new one);
3) Tentative list of the authors;
4) Tentative date of submission.
For more info about submission, please, see Author Guidelines <http://dpj.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/dpj1/about/submissions#authorGuidelines>.
If you want to submit your manuscript(s) immediately, please go to http://dpj.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/dpj1/information/authors (it requires registration).
Also, please, contact us if you have ideas for a special issue or a special project.
Let us know if you have questions, concerns, suggestions, and/or proposals. Please pass this email to your colleagues who may be interested.
DPJ Main Editors
PS: Sorry if you are getting the same e-mail twice!