[Xmca-l] Re: Hegel's notion of The Notion

I meant https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/works/hl/hlsubjec.htm down to about 1345

In my Hegel reading group we tend to take about 2 years, reading once a week, to get through one Hegel book. So take your time.

Wolf-Michael, of coursed "expressionism" exists. It is an art movement, and took the form of various literary activities in the domain of art criticism as well as certain related art practices as such. Activities exist.

On 12/05/2017 2:07 AM, Alfredo Jornet Gil wrote:
Greg, Andy,
thanks for making Hegel more accessible to all of us not so familiar. Andy, can you add a link to the section you mention, I could not find it following the link Greg provided or the index. Thanks,
Alfredo
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
Sent: 11 May 2017 17:48
To: Greg Thompson; xmca-l@ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Hegel's notion of The Notion

Concepts are first of all things which exist; because they
exist, the mind is capable of grasping them, in fact, they
are exactly the way the mind grasps the world
(etymologically concept = to grasp). The way they exist is
in human activity and the artifacts we use in that activity.
Since you have made a start on this Greg, I have to say that
I think you need this and also the section to follow called
"The Subjective Notion" to get a decent picture.