[Xmca-l] Re: Hegel's notion of The Notion

Concepts are first of all things which exist; because they exist, the mind is capable of grasping them, in fact, they are exactly the way the mind grasps the world (etymologically concept = to grasp). The way they exist is in human activity and the artifacts we use in that activity. Since you have made a start on this Greg, I have to say that I think you need this and also the section to follow called "The Subjective Notion" to get a decent picture.