[Xmca-l] Re: Time for a Generational Change

I will add my appreciation to what others have said, ... but words almost fail me. No-one, no-one in my life has taught me as much as Mike Cole, and dare I say that if I managed a little real development late in life it was thanks to Mike Cole and this amazing list. The amount of work which goes into the kind of care Mike has given to moderating this list and personal correspondence is breathtaking and I will be forever grateful for that. And when I refer to what Mike "taught" me, this was almost always only by creating expectations. I think very often Mike didn't even understand what I was saying, but somehow despite this, he gave me the kind of guidance that I think everyone craves. Thank you, Mike.

For my own part, the horizons of my interests are closing in on me these days, the energy for reading new theories and philosophies has almost dried up. I am reading many more novels than treatises these days. So it is doubtless timely to extend my thanks to all the wonderful correspondents on xmca who have given me a hand up over and over down the years.