[Xmca-l] Re: Solids and Liquids/Entities and dynamic flows

Chris,

Your metaphor of freezing ice reminded me of those ice cube trays in which you pull the lever to release the ice cubes (so we can have iced tea!)

Given that iced tea is "captured liquid modernity," in a glass, or course! (It was made popular from a World's Fair in the early 20th century, I believe, which would make it modern and liquid on both ends of the spectrum!)

In a sense, the metaphor of iced tea is an intersection of two different orders of reality. On the one hand the ice, and the other the tea, and then what happens when the ice melts to further dilute the tea.

Hopefully the metaphor doesn't fail, but if it does, I do attribute it to a nice summer day.

Kind regards,

Annalisa