[Xmca-l] Does anyone remember Genie?

Hello,

I saw this in the Guardian, thought it might be of interest:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/14/genie-feral-child-los-angeles-researchers

"Language and thought are distinct from each other. For many of us, our thoughts are verbally encoded. For Genie, her thoughts were virtually never verbally encoded, but there are many ways to think," said Curtiss, one of the few surviving members of the research team. "She was smart. She could hold a set of pictures so they told a story. She could create all sorts of complex structures from sticks. She had other signs of intelligence. The lights were on."

Lots to think about from these circumstances, many angles.

Kind regards,

Annalisa