[Xmca-l] Re: Appeal for help

Well, as is my nature, and given my situation, I am not going to do any of that kind of *investigation*, Michael; I don't really want to explain my larger project because that would lead to confusion of all kinds at this stage. But ... I am just trying to show that the understanding of virtues is enhanced by taking virtues to be attributes of projects, with individuals perhaps acquiring and developing such attributes in and through their participation in, commitment to and place within the project. But it is not my intention to look at participation in projects as a way of individuals acquiring virtues. But simply that the virtuous nature of the project is what is primary, not the prima facie character of the individual participants. The problems I will face in substantiating this are very similar to the issues you raised about cognitive development, but I am confident I can overcome them.

OK?

On 5/07/2016 4:21 PM, Glassman, Michael wrote:
Andy,

There are two issues here.  Are you exploring the way individual and group ethics change based on the current circumstances - separate from culturally developed "virtues" or are you exploring the way individual adapt to different sets of "virtues"  "morals" whatever when they change culture?

Michael
-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:15 AM
To: Nektarios Alexi <NEKTARIOS.ALEXI@cdu.edu.au>; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Appeal for help

Perfect Alex! Thank you.

On 5/07/2016 4:00 PM, Nektarios Alexi wrote:
For your request on similar information about changes in a person's
character following their emigration to another country?  I have used
his theory for my PhD thesis on acculturation effect for help seeking
intentions for mental ilness.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-0597.1997.tb01087.x/
abstract;jsessionid=3F23F698365AD798272D11D57C859C71.f04t02

Immigration, Acculturation, and Adaptation - Berry - 2008 ...
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-0597.1997.tb01087.x
/abstract;jsessionid=3F23F698365AD798272D11D57C859C71.f04t02>
onlinelibrary.wiley.com
How to Cite. Berry, J. W. (1997), Immigration, Acculturation, and
Adaptation. Applied Psychology:An International Review, 46: 5-34. doi:
10.1111/j.1464-0597.1997 ...