[Xmca-l] Appeal for help

Comrade and friends, I need some help.

I am setting about developing a new approach to virtue ethics. Virtues are everywhere taken to be deep-seated attributes of a person's character; my aim is to make the starting point instead from virtues defined as deep-seated attributes of a project, which you can take to mean "social context" or "system of activity" if you wish. I don't need advice about issues and problems of ethics, but it is in in the nature of virtue ethics that it always has strong implications for psychology as well as social theory, to the extent that I think I can make a great deal of progress by calling on psychological data.

Can people point me to research(ers) about how a person's character changes with social context (e.g. home/work), any evidence of the well-known phenomenon in which a person promoted above the ability suffers a moral degeneration; any suitable and reliable data about the differing character (not just preferences or cognition, but virtues) of people from one culture or another? or similar information about changes in a person's character following their emigration to another country?

URLs appreciated, or whole books, I don't have access to a university library or JSTOR.

Thanks