[Xmca-l] Re: Vygotskian Passage

I think our *memory* would change. And I don't know how far back our way of conceiving of human powers in terms of analogous human powers goes, but I guess it would change our *conception* of memory.

On 15/06/2016 9:48 PM, Glassman, Michael wrote:
Thanks Andy,

Interesting, maybe that's why I merged the Arseniev anecdote and the use of strings to aid memory.   I wonder if when we developed semiotic mediators conception of memory changed (of course nobody thought of it as memory at the time), and if now with new types of storage of and access to semiotic mediators if our conception of memory is changing again.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:37 PM
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Vygotskian Passage

This also has material about sending messages:

https://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/1930/man/ch04.htm
(especially the last few paragraphs)

On 15/06/2016 6:49 AM, Glassman, Michael wrote:
David,

Yes, I think that's it.  I must have been merging this description with the strings used for memory described by Leontiev Bella pointed to.

Thanks so much, this solves one mystery in my life.  I wish they could all be answered so quickly.

Thanks so much,

Michael