[Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died

Here's a speech by Bruner: https://vimeo.com/groups/chat/videos/29517713

On 7/06/2016 7:37 AM, Vera John-Steiner wrote:
A great man, a caring human being. He was the one who introduced me to Vygotsky' writings. Thanks Andy for the link, it brought back Jerry's lively ways of expressing his ideas.
Vera

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of JAG
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 11:34 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died

Same reaction here. An important part of my life history, a giant in the field.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM, mike cole <mcole@ucsd.edu> wrote:

​At the age of 100 it cannot be unexpected, but  I have just heard
from a colleague that Jerry Bruner​ has died.
Its difficult to lose a colleague and friend who had a fundamental
influence on my own life trajectory.

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch