[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
- From: "Vadeboncoeur, Jennifer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 22:59:24 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-CA
- In-reply-to: <D37B6290.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0AmYSMfvs9ejSQjMsgcYMadMrkzM-wFXL-J6q9rhacvMw@mail.gmail.com> <BL2PR06MB227445B4DB0C672B085456F5C55C0@BL2PR06MB2274.namprd06.prod.outlook.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHH++P=Rj3QyhXZi-EETLsLG0XTrEgBZkLkVgGGcEQLe-ibsZg@mail.gmail.com> <D37B6290.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AQHRv4vr+p1rmMcguUipx3WEyZndfJ/cEtiAgAAKKYCAAF5XAIABCQqA
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
Your idea of a special issue of MInd, Culture, and Activity is a perfect way to make a small contribution to honouring a person who has been such a good friend to so many and a brilliant mentor and scholar for even more.
Thank you for this. He will be missed, jen
On 2016-06-06, at 12:10 AM, Susan Davis wrote:
> Thanks for letting us know Mike and sympathies to those who knew him,
> What an incredible contribution Bruner has made, writing on so many
> aspects of learning and what it means to be human.
> I, like so many, continue to discover new riches in the body of his work.
> Amazingly this morning when Mike’s email came through I was re-reading a
> piece by Bruner “A Narrative Model of Self-Construction”. Last year I was
> also revisiting some of his work when I was researching the Heathcote
> Rolling Role book, looking at the ambition and scope of the MACOS program
> as a material embodiment of many progressive education and
> cultural-historical theoretical tenants.
> I would love to see a special edition of MCA and other publications
> revisiting his work and its impact, not only in a historical sense, but
> also considering key aspects of his work worth revisiting and
> reinterpreting anew.
> Kind regards
> Dr Susan Davis
> Senior Lecturer | School of Education & the Arts | Higher Education
> CQUniversity Australia, Noosa Campus |
> PO Box 1128, Qld 4566
> P +61 (0)7 5440 7007 | X 547007 | M +61 418 763 428
> On 6/06/2016 11:33 am, "Greg Thompson" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Would it be irreverent to say:
>> "Bravo for a life well lived!"
>> And, I'd love to hear more reflections on Bruner. The next generation of
>> scholars desperately needs to know more about this generation.
>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Andy Blunden
>>> On 6/06/2016 10:38 AM, David H Kirshner wrote:
>>>> My condolences, Mike.
>>>> A huge loss to all of us.
>>>> Perhaps sometime you can share with us some of your personal
>>>> with him.
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:
>>>> email@example.com] On Behalf Of mike cole
>>>> Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2016 6:37 PM
>>>> To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
>>>> Subject: [Xmca-l] Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
>>>> At the age of 100 it cannot be unexpected, but I have just heard
>>>> from a
>>>> colleague that Jerry Bruner has died.
>>>> Its difficult to lose a colleague and friend who had a fundamental
>>>> influence on my own life trajectory.
>> Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
>> Assistant Professor
>> Department of Anthropology
>> 880 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
>> Brigham Young University
>> Provo, UT 84602