[Xmca-l] Re: The power of Humanities in a recursive loop

There is a fascinating sub-branch of science which has developed in which scientists sample the sewerage outflow from entire cities and analyse it down to tiny traces, producing a measure of the amount of alcohol or methanphetamine being used, the extent of diabetes, the state of the populations kdineys etc., just as they would for an individual.