[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Videos on perezhivanie from Nikolai Veresov
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Videos on perezhivanie from Nikolai Veresov
- From: Rod Parker-Rees <R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk>
- Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 16:48:17 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: mira.net; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none; mira.net; dmarc=none action=none header.from=plymouth.ac.uk;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
- Thread-index: AQHRreBACYu33m3G2EWvGjDF15Bx9Z+4pPmA
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Videos on perezhivanie from Nikolai Veresov
Thanks for this, Andy.
Nikolai’s emphasis on the distinction between P1 (the phenomenon of perezhivanie as a psychological process) and P2 (the abstract concept of perezhivanie as part of a theory) resonates, for me, with Ingold’s emphasis on doing – ‘human’, ‘thought’, ‘activity’ and ‘experience’ are convenient fictions which allow us to stop the continuous flow of humaning, thinking, acting or experiencing so that we can think ABOUT them. I picture this as being like those moments in films (I think first in ‘The Matrix’) when the action is paused as we move around within it, looking at it from various angles. Like a statue or model, the noun allows us to consider a process or event from different angles but the convenience of freezing the movement comes at a cost. There is a risk that we can forget that a human is only a human when it is humaning, an activity is only an activity when it is being enacted, etc.
The way the social situation of development is ‘refracted’ through a particular child’s perezhivanie seems to me to be like the way the environment is ‘understood’ and understanding is etymologically close to ‘standing among’. Being and acting within a social situation of development shapes (develops) the prism through which the social situation of development will shape development.
All the best,
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: 14 May 2016 13:56
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Videos on perezhivanie from Nikolai Veresov
Here are links to Nickolai Veresov's keynote speech on Perezhivanie on Symposium at ISCAR in Sydney.
Perezhivanie in Cultural-Historical Theory: The Concept and is content.
This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.