[Xmca-l] Re: 62:3.5 billion

Kautsky certainly would have found this situation "unimaginable":

   We consider the breakdown of the present social system
   to be unavoidable, because we know that the economic
   evolution inevitably brings on conditions that will
   /compel/ the exploited classes to rise against this
   system of private ownership. We know that this system
   multiplies the number and the strength of the exploited,
   and diminishes the number and strength of the
   exploiting, classes, and that it will finally lead to
   such unbearable conditions for the mass of the
   population that they will have no choice but to go down
   into degradation or to overthrow the system of private
   property. (Kautsky, 1892)