[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, kari kane <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?
- From: Greg Mcverry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 17:46:25 +0000
- In-reply-to: <CAHH++Pnwv0bdFMYUmSP2AHJNRvRDFxa1-W_MqavBEyPo316Vjw@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHH++Pnwv0bdFMYUmSP2AHJNRvRDFxa1-W_MqavBEyPo316Vjw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Big fan of Chip Bruce's work on inquiry learning and she should check out
what the Digital Media Learning Hub is doing with the Connected Learning
These two sources may not show up in traditional lit reviews of
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016, 12:23 PM Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
> I have a favor to ask:
> I have a student who is interested in experiential learning (Kari Kane,
> cc'd on this email, so please "reply all" if possible), and we're looking
> for a greater breadth of the literature on experiential learning.
> So far, we have David Kolb's work on experiential learning and I've pointed
> her to some oldie but goodie stuff by Dewey as well as the not quite so
> oldie stuff by Cole.
> So I'm just wondering if you have suggestions of folks who have done
> particularly good work/writing on experiential learning? (doesn't
> necessarily have to be from a CHAT perspective, just good work).
> Some more details on Kari's research, she is going to be doing an academic
> internship at (and eventually shaping her thesis around) work at a
> tuition-based school for troubled youth that employs experiential learning
> as one of the main pedagogical/therapeutic tools. Kari's eventual interests
> are to bring a model like this to her work in low-income communities, but
> for now she is focusing on the practice and process of experiential
> Many thanks in advance for your help with this!
> Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Anthropology
> 880 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
> Brigham Young University
> Provo, UT 84602