[Xmca-l] Connecting and stability

We have been discussing the little word (is) which speaks everywhere in our language.
Aristotle's (Peri hermeneias) offers an interesting understanding of this word.
Aristotle claims verbs are substantial and have significance but not in itself.
Verbs have substance and significance because the person who expresses the verb (fixes the attention) of the hearer.
For Aristotle verbs do not bear any existential import (especially the verb - to be -).
(to be) (being) (is) indicate nothing by themselves.
What these words do (imply) is copulation, (a possible or potential CONNECTION WITH the world).
Here we come back to the notion of (embodiment) in the world.
Dilthey's notion of life as connection with the world.